[c-nsp] Upgrade from 12.2(17a)LD to 12.2(28)S gone horribly wrong...I think.

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Fri Mar 18 08:51:21 EST 2005

This is a perfect reason why you never want
to have a flash media that the box can's boot
directly from rommon on.

Don't save your configuration or you will lose
what is there.  In fact I would do a:

copy start: slot0:backup.cfg

to save a copy of your configuration.

Do you have console access to it?

If so you could reboot it and send a break
to it and drop it to rommon.

Then do:

b slot0:<filename>

and it should boot the image directly.

Even if you don't have a boot image the box
should still try and boot an image from slot0:.

Or you could take the flash card to another box
and load the boot image on it and then put it
back in the router and copy it to bootflash.

Rodney