[c-nsp] Two DS3s Bounced at the Same Time

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 00:50:11 EST 2005

> Did you verify the VIP didn't crash? if-cons into it, and sho ver, and see
> if the uptime is proper.

Yep, it appears that the VIP did not crash. I saw no errors of any
kind anywhere in the error logs. The only indication of any problem on
the router was high CPU usage around that same time but I'd bet that
was a result of both links coming back up and the resulting BGP
session setup on each link happening simultaneously.

Qwest tested one DS3 last night and they're testing the other tonight.
I'm not hopeful that they'll find anything, but who knows. From my
discussions with various Qwest technicians it sounds like these
circuits terminate on the same module on some Cisco box in one of the
central offices. I'm leaning toward a problem on that module. The only
other single point that they share is my router and I don't see that
it had any sort of problem.

John