[c-nsp] Cisco MultiLink PPP

Lawrence Wong lawrencewong72 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 03:15:48 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am thinking of combining 2 x T1 (1.5Mbps) into a
larger pipe of 3Mbps for greater capacity via MLPPP.

I would like to check if MLPPP is supported on all
Cisco platforms with Serial interface or is it only
supported on selected platforms.

Under MLPPP, will traffic be distributed amongst both
links (i.e. I can download at max of 4Mbps) or am I
limited to the max of each link (i.e. I can download
at max of 2Mbps).

How processor intensive is MLPPP?

Are there any caveats to look out for?

Does anyone have experience with MLPPP to share?

TIA!