[c-nsp] Cisco MultiLink PPP

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Mar 29 01:44:08 EST 2005

Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 09:25:36AM -0800, Lawrence Wong wrote:
>> How about 3640 running plain IOS and just running
>> MLPPP with no NAT, no IPFW, no nothing? I noticed eBay
>> selling quite a number of 3640 "cheap".
>
> The 3640 is somewhat faster than the 3620 (100 MHz vs. 80 MHz R4700,
> 225 R5271 in the 3660), and can take up to 128 Mb of RAM.
>
> The disadvantage is that it comes without an onboard ethernet
> interface, and then NM-1FE-TX seems to run at about the price of a
> used 2621, at least over here in Germany.

Gert, he is probably looking at buying something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51203&item=5762764
500&rd=1

for $1000 USD, it already comes with FE and serial ports in it, all he
would need are cabling and external DSUs.  And it would be faster than a
2621 non-XM.

Ted