[c-nsp] Http server on C7304

M.Palis security at cytanet.com.cy
Tue Mar 29 02:22:25 EST 2005

Hello all

I configure HTTP server on a Cisco7304 running IOS 122-20.S7 for a specific
application. When we are doing http requests on the C7304 we get the message
HTTP: no additional lines. It seems that HTTP uses VTY lines (I don't know
why) and after it uses all available VTYs (5), http hangs.

2 vty 0     idle                 00:00:00 x.x.x.x
   3 vty 1                idle                 00:11:40 x.x.x.x
   4 vty 2                idle                 00:03:38 x.x.x.x
   5 vty 3                idle                 00:01:04 x.x.x.x

 We are not even be able to telnet to the router until we clear a VTY line.
Note that we are doing the same thing on a C7400 with no problem and no use
of VTYs from HTTP.

Also it seems that HTTP is not working fine on the C7304 since when I use
my PC browser to configure or monitor the router via http, the behaviour is
strange. HTTP starts fine and then hangs. Also I noticed that I don't have
all the option for configuration. (Up to privileged level 13)

Can anyone face a similar situation before?

Your help and info will be appreciated.