[c-nsp] 12.2S or 12.3 ?

Ryan O'Connell ryan at complicity.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 16:34:31 EST 2005

On 29/03/2005 19:36, Dennis Peng wrote:

>For now, if you need to do PPPoE/L2TP aggregation, you'll have to
>stick with 12.3/12.3T. It isn't supported on 12.2S yet. Go with 12.3
>unless you need to have one of the 12.3T features.

It *was* in 12.2(S) but got removed as it shouldn't have been in there
apparently. I need to check[1] tommorow if that one release got rebuilds
for security issues as it seems at the moment to be the only sane option
for IPv6-enabled ADSL in our architecture.

[1] Downgrading from 12.3T having been bitten very badly by serious
bugs, including mulitple reboots due to "bad hardware" that works fine
in other routers and RANCID causing the router to suddenly start crashing.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan at complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time