[c-nsp] Nmap(way ot)

nevot r.nevot at gmail.com
Thu May 5 14:35:08 EDT 2005

I didn't know this *awful* behaviour, but, if i'm right, an ARP
request will only be made if the destination IP is covered by the mask
of the sender's IP configuration.
That is, if client PC is 172.16.1.1/16, it will only send ARP request
if destination IP is in 172.16.0.0/16 network, but not sent if
destination is, for example, 66.11.66.101
So if the client machine has no default gateway, this won't work.

(correct me if i'm not right).