[c-nsp] VLAN SUBNET

Hitesh Vinzoda hiteshvinzoda at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 05:03:39 EDT 2005

hey fellows .... got stuck in VLAN thing

can neone help me regrding this i ll be very thankful to em...

1. We give IP to VLAN to some say ... 10.0.12.1 255.255.252.0

than is it necessary tht each switch port assigned to that VLAN needs to be
of same subnet or network.

2. if a DHCP is configured in the other Vlan Say VLAN 2 and configured to
lease 172.16.0.0 network IP than if I plug a host in in the above mentioned
VLAN1 port through a segment containing a unmanaged switch with other hosts
having IP of 10.0.12.0 series than will the host be able to get IP of range
172.16.0.0...????

please help

Thanks in advance

Hitesh Vinzoda