[c-nsp] Network Monitor / Mgmnt App

Joseph Jackson JJackson at nos.com
Thu May 12 15:06:03 EDT 2005

I must have alerts on device failures based on ping time outs is good but I
am really wanting SNMP trap notifications if a interface on a router goes
down.  Graphing of device usage i.e traffic / cpu / memory. A log analyzer
would be great since we have pix firewalls.  My main want would be good SNMP
MIB support for cisco devices routers/switches/pix The Intuit mib manager is
horrible. Network mapping would be nice but not a deal breaker.  I have been
pushing for CiscoWorks from based on what I read but my boss has come down
against it saying he has heard of it resetting routers....