[c-nsp] Network Monitor / Mgmnt App

Network Fortius netfortius at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:24:25 EDT 2005

I am a big proponent of open source, so - in time - I have developed
my own set of tools based on Oetiker's tools (http://
people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/, http://people.ee.ethz.ch/
~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/, http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/
webtools/smokeping/) , Luca's ones (http://www.ntop.org/ntop.html &
http://www.ntop.org/ntop.html - the latter for non-netflow-capable
devices) and nagios (http://www.nagios.org/). The only thing I have
to add is that - if you do not have any expertise in house - a
fantastic solution is the one implemented by the folks at Somix
(http://somix.com/), with - in your area on interest - primarily the
WebNM front-end (http://somix.com/products/webnm.php) and Denika
(http://somix.com/products/denika.php) - the latter an MRTG for
newbies - worth every penny, and - in my opinion - a perfect example
on how one can make money on open source ... but let's not get
there ... :)

Stef