[c-nsp] Migration from Linux to Cisco 7500 Router

Alexandra Alvarado aaaa at telconet.net
Fri May 13 12:56:37 EDT 2005

Hello,

At the moment I have two Linux routers with automatically failover
(keepalived+vrrp), Mac control, iBgp, firewall, remote transparent proxy and
these machines manage the internal static routers to clients, the bandwidth
that come and go through both Linux is 155Mbps, the linux's load average is
less than 1.  But now the company has bought two routers 7500 to change
these two Linux box, but I need to know the next:

*	We are in process to implement one different vlan per client. How
many vlans can we configure in each router?
*	I need these two routers run with failover and load balanced, I have
heard about HSRP, is it possible?
*	We need to know if one those routers went down how to pass
automatically the vlans to the other router (with HSSRP too?)
*	Can I put the same firewall, Mac control, iBgp, and around 1000
static internal routes without increase the router's cpu process.

Thanks

Alexandra Alvarado