[c-nsp] Mark Taylor ? was: Rebooting PIX

Jan M. STANKOVSKY jan.stankovsky at univie.ac.at
Fri May 13 16:36:41 EDT 2005

My Cisco Pix 515 showing exact the same signs as Mark Taylor described in his post on Feb
23rd.
I've read the thread but it ended without a hint to a solution. If Mark Taylor is still
reading this mailing list, could you summerize, please!

If not:

I've a PIX 515E UR. 6.2(2)
It has began to reboot (5 hours up to 3 day periode) 2 weeks ago after 2 years without
problems.

I include the first lines of the traceback:

   Thread Name: pix/intf1 (Old pc 0x800b2dd0 ebp 0x811c55dc)

Traceback:
0: 80034264
1: 80038908
2: 8012570b
3: 8012437d
4: 80128d2e
5: 80002fc1
6: 00000000
     vector 0x0000000e (page fault)
        edi 0x0033405b
        esi 0x81871bb8
        ebp 0x811c544c
        esp 0x811c5404
        ebx 0x818719f8
        edx 0x02670444
        ecx 0x82b3c59c
        eax 0x00005678
error code 0x00000002
        eip 0x8002f741
         cs 0x00000008
     eflags 0x00010206
        CR2 0x83ee2000
Stack dump: base:0x811c3748 size:8192, active:964

.
.
.

I've the complete traceback in case someone ist interested.

Is there hope?

Thanks!

jan