[c-nsp] Class-based Tunnel Selection questions

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Sat May 21 04:30:51 EDT 2005

Pete Templin <> wrote on Friday, May 20, 2005 9:57 PM:

> Anyone familiar with CBTS?
>
> As far as incoming traffic supported, the doc says it supports:
>
> 1: Unlabeled or MPLS (CsC) VRF traffic into a PE router.
> 2: Unlabeled or MPLS traffic into a P router.
>
> Does it not support unlabeled traffic coming into a P router?

It does, you mentioned it, didn't you? "2: Unlabeled or MPLS traffic
into a P router."

> As far as the restrictions, "The operation of CBTS is not supported
>   with AToM..."; does that mean AToM packets won't travel on any
> tunnels, or simply that AToM is not CoS-aware and therefore not able
> to be deposited into the "correct" class-based tunnel?

As far as I know, this restriction only applies if L2VPN-PE and TE
head-end are on the same box.  So if you have

PE -- P === P -- PE

and you have parallel, CBTS-enabled TE tunnels between the two P
routers, the labeled MPLS (AToM) traffic is sent over the respective
tunnels according to the EXP bits. The P/head-end doesn't know (nor
care) that this is an AToM packet.
You can apply QoS to L2VPN/AToM circuits, just set the exp-bits
accordingly..

	oli