[c-nsp] 6500 SUP720 High Latency and Jitter issues

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Wed May 25 19:50:31 EDT 2005

A simple addition to the command line such as 'blah blah blah
-nowarning' would allow auto-config tools to work without IOS warnings.
Personally, I think warnings like this are great.  Not too many of us
have time to read all the release notes for a 6500.  It's a vastly
complex device compared to a software-based router.  Certainly if
enabling a feature can cause a 1000x increase in resource usage, it'd be
nice to know.  Or an online config analyzer that points out odd caveats
like the GRE tunnel source IP.  Who'd have guessed that?

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation Team
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495