[c-nsp] against arp spoofing

Monty Ree montyree2 at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 20:56:05 EDT 2005

Hello, all.

I'm a begineer of the list and network.
I have read some articles that attacker can do sniffing in spite of switch environment, or do Dos  using arp spoofing.(some weeks ago, an attacker sent spoofed mac address to broadcast , so all network was down.)

So I would like to set static arp like below at my router or L3 switch.

config)#arp 1.1.1.1 aaaa:aaaa:aaaa

But I have about 800 machines, if when I set all 800 arps like above, router requires more memory or not..? Is it a bad idea?
What do you do against arp spoofing? port security?

Thanks in advance.