[c-nsp] Bundling/using multiple PPPoE sessions

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Tue May 31 18:15:13 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've one 1760 running 12.3(7)T7 as CPE on two ADSL lines, CEF per packet sharing, which worked very fine for months with the config below, but since approx. 3 weeks the connection looses >50% pkts when both PPPoE-sessions are up.
Each line seperately still works fine and now I tried to put another 1712 on two (different) DSL-lines and I haven't even managed to create 2 concurrent PPPoE sessions at all! Not with 12.3(7)T10, not with 12.4(1), not with 12.4(1a)..

My guess is, it has something to do with the duplicate mac-addresses on client side, probably the carrier changed some behavior in the DSLAM but as I didn't got it working at all with the second one I wonder wether this might also be some Cisco "feature" and I just had luck with the first one.
The next thing tomorrow I'll try to plug one of the DSL-lines on Fast0 to get have a different client mac-addr..

But just to make sure: Anybody running multiple PPPoE sessions with 17xx who can confirm this working stable at all ?

The config (I also tried other combinations but currently I'm stuck with 1 PPPoE session at any time..)
--- cut ---
vpdn enable
!
vpdn-group 10
 request-dialin
  protocol pppoe
!
interface FastEthernet1/1
 description WAN-Interface to T-DSL #1
 bandwidth 1024
 no ip address
 load-interval 30
 no cdp enable
!
interface FastEthernet1/2
 description WAN-Interface to T-DSL #2
 bandwidth 1024
 no ip address
 load-interval 30
 no cdp enable
!
interface Vlan1
 description Vlan/WAN-Interface to T-DSL
 bandwidth 2048
 no ip address
 no ip proxy-arp
 load-interval 30
 pppoe enable
 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 12
 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 11
!
interface Dialer11
 ip address negotiated
 ip access-group 160 in
 ip mtu 1456
 ip load-sharing per-packet
 ip nat outside
 ip inspect INSPECT-RULE1 out
 encapsulation ppp
 ip route-cache flow
 dialer pool 11
 dialer vpdn
 dialer-group 11
 no peer default ip address
 no cdp enable
 ppp authentication pap callin
 ppp multilink
 ppp timeout authentication 180
 crypto map VPN
!
interface Dialer12
 dialer pool 12
 dialer vpdn
 dialer-group 12
 ... (the same as Di11)

BTW, I get DSL-subscribers delivered as PPPoE on a LNS via L2TP, so I've no access to the DSLAM but would see other problems there.. nothing changed on the LNS..

Michael