[c-nsp] PIX VPN changes from 6.3.4 to 7.0.x ?

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Wed Nov 9 07:18:41 EST 2005

Hi,

we switched over a customer's PIX some time ago from 6.3.4. to 7.0.2.
Worked mostly flawless, except that somebody now complained that before
the change, they were able to set up a VPN to the PIX (using Cisco VPN
Client on Windows) and still connect to arbitrary internet addresses in
parallel. Now, all communication is sent through the tunnel when IPSEC
is up ... I've tried fiddling with split tunneling etc., but couldn't
get the connection to permit both types of connections at the same time ...

Am I missing something? I tried looking through the PIX 7.0.x config
docs, but couldn't find anything helpful there ...

Any idea?

Tnx, -garry