[c-nsp] SCP error counts

Brad Swanson lakepepin at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 10:16:16 EST 2005

6509 with dual sup1a's, layer 2 only, and a very vanilla config.

Module
WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE (active)
WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE (standby)
WS-X6416-GBIC
WS-X6348-RJ-45
WS-X6348-RJ-45
WS-X6348-RJ-45
WS-X6148-RJ-45
WS-X6348-RJ-45
WS-X6348-RJ-45

sho scp module increments slowly for the "SCP Retries:", and it is the same
increment for all line cards.  For 11 days of uptime we have 1010 to 1015
SCP retries, for a total of exactly 9114 SCP retries.  No Missing Status
Polls.  A sho scp process (abbrev.):

PID          Process          Msgs       Msgs       Msgs       Bufs  Rx Q
Rx Q
                                  Sent       Resent     Rcvd       Held
Size  Overflow
44  Debug Port Coun  14670      9106         1011       0     4     0

The Msgs Resent for Debug Port Count is 99.9% of the total SCP Retries.  A
sho trace shows no traces set.  TAC says this is OK...I am not so sure...
Anyone with a thought as to what is happening here?

Thanks,
Brad Swanson