[c-nsp] 7500 having problems after upgrade from 12.0.19S2 to 12.0.31S1

Robert E.Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Tue Nov 22 07:42:12 EST 2005

1.6 megs free is definitely too low.  I get uneasy when I have less
than about 12 megs free.

How many full views and how many iBGP views are on this router?  One
way of handling the situation could be to move one of your upstream
connections to another router.  Another solution might be
confederations + partial mesh or route reflectors to get the number of
iBGP views down.

You could also run a smaller image but if you got this far I'll bet
you're running an "i" or "p" build already.  Not much wiggle room
there.

Of course, Cisco would like you to upgrade to 512m, because that
involves upgrading your RSP.  As far as I know, there's no trick you
can do in order to make the RSP4 take more than the 256m max for which
it was designed.

If you have trouble tracking one down at a good price in Europe,
contact me offline and I'll give you the name of my favorite used
equipment vendor who does not mind shipping internationally.  :)

                                        ---Rob