[c-nsp] %PCMCIAFS-5-DIBERR error after upgrading to 12.3.17

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Tue Nov 29 16:02:53 EST 2005

I upgraded to 12.3.17 on my C7206 (non-VXR) / NPE-225 box.  Every time
I access my CF flash disk (via a PCMCIA-to-CF sled adapter) I get this error
message:

  %PCMCIAFS-5-DIBERR: PCMCIA disk 0 is formatted from a different router or
  PC. A format in this router is required before an image can be booted from
  this device

In spite of what the error message says, the router still booted off of the
CF image on disk0, and re-formatting the flash with the "format disk0:"
command did not change anything (i.e. we still get the error message
after every DIR command).

Is there anything to worry about here, or can I safely ignore the message?