[c-nsp] 7507 - Extra RSP4 and Hot swapping

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Wed Nov 30 21:42:40 EST 2005

Most SP's I've worked with are running 12.0(27) or (28)S with
SSO on the 75xx.

I know there were some feature parity issues that drove people
to 12.2(18)S and 12.2(20)S but I wouldn't go there.

SB is going to be (from what I've heard) end of this year
or first of next year.

So depending on the feature requirements if you want HA (sso/nsf)
you should go with 12.0S. I've not seen anyone running it on 12.2(25)S
but it should work there but less field exposure.

12.3T/12.4 just gives you RPR+ as you said which doesn't keep
L2 state between processors.

Rodney