[c-nsp] 3640 console issue

Serge Vondandamo svondandamo at wanadoo.fr
Sat Oct 1 06:57:06 EDT 2005

Hi Guys,

I have inserted an NM-2V module on 3640 running 12.3 plus image. When I boot the device, the console displays only garbage. I can't ping any interface on the router. I tried changing different console cables and console settings but no luck; I can't get to the router.

I have removed all modules on the router and also removed the flash to try to boot on rommon but no luck either, it only displays the bellow garbage:

¶JŸô ÷ ww÷÷w÷

                                                    þАÛóóh°˜öû

Has anyone ever seen this?

Thanks