[c-nsp] Need a router

nethub at gmail.com nethub at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:51:30 EDT 2005

We are planning to deploy a router to replace a Quagga box.

We currently have three full BGP sessions with transit providers over
three FastEthernet connections.  We need a router capable of handling
this level of traffic, and at least some upgradability would be nice -
we plan to upgrade at least one of the FastE connections to GigE within
a few months.

We are looking to go with the least expensive route.  We weren't
planning to spend this money this year, but our current router is having
major problems and we have to do it now.  It's more of a short-term
solution.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you.