[c-nsp] IOS 12.2S Train

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Tue Oct 4 10:26:17 EDT 2005

On (2005-10-04 10:11 -0400), Eric Kagan wrote:

> > 12.2(25)S5 will never see my network - its riddled with
> > issues.  It was
> > in my lab for about 1 hour before it got caned.
>
> Can someone provide a link or details on problems. (Luckily we have not had
> any but I want to be on guard).
> I got this as a suggestion from a Cisco SE less than 3 months ago.

 For what it's worth, for us 12.2(25)S5 works just nicely apart from
it being memory hog (due to new CEF code I belive). People with IPv6
have reported lot of CEF problems with it.
 For me there aren't that many choises, I know 12.2S will get
QinQ and unnumbered vlan interfaces, second step would be 12.4T.

--
  ++ytti