[c-nsp] T3 attenuation cable

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Thu Oct 6 10:34:36 EDT 2005

> So I think it's time to experiment with attenuation cables, and try
> to reduce the signal a bit, as it might just overdrive the receiver.
>
> This is where cisco-nsp comes into place: does one of you have a
> recommendation where to *get* such a cable in Europe, preferrably
> Germany?
>
> thanks,
>
> gert

Can't say for sure about a source in Germany, but you could try either a
length of 735 cable (the smaller stuff), maybe 25m or so of it, or look
for *attenuators* rather than an *attenuation cable*. I would doubt you'd
need more than 3dB of attenuation, but 3dB and 6dB are both standard
values. You can get them from most test equipment supply places, just be
sure to get 75 ohm units (the more common ones are 50 ohms).

     -Bill