[c-nsp] T3 attenuation cable

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Oct 6 18:15:12 EDT 2005

hi,

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 01:25:58PM -0600, james edwards wrote:
> We have had the same problem with our CBX-500 DS3/1/0 cards running almost
> +10 dB above what the line level should be.

The stuff our local telco uses seems to be especially weird.  The
ports *are* configured for "long cable" (which gives too much level),
but if they configure them for "short cable", the signal is mistreated
in a way that the line doesn't come up at all...

> The M13's on the other end were none to happy with this. The quick fix was
> lots of cable and to run things through several DSX
> panels till we could get some in-line attenuators. I have several of these
> DS3/1/0, line attenuators & M13's deployed for over 6 months to no CRC's.
> Works quite well.

Thanks for the confirmation (to all of you that have responded) that
this is "the way to go" :)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de