[c-nsp] NAT configuration

Primoz Jeroncic jp at softnet.si
Sat Oct 8 07:15:02 EDT 2005

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, Vikas Sharma wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am configuring NAT. I have two Private IP and one public IP. Can I do
> natting in this situation (Two private IP overloading to a single real ip)?
> Can I use global-overload (ip nat pool global-overload
> 208.1.2.3<http://208.1.2.3>
> 208.1.2.4 <http://208.1.2.4> netmask 255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0>)?
> If any one have done this configuration, pls share the result.
>  Thanks
> Vikas

Sure you can. You have few options (if you have router and not PIX).
One is to use outside interface for overload, another is to create loopback
interface and configure it as outside interface assigning your public IP
to it and use it for overload (it won't work if your public IP is from
same subnet as outside ethernet/serial/...). Another option is to
create pool for nat.
If you have PIX easiest solution is to configure global overload on that
IP address or just use global overload with outside ethernet of PIX. Both
ways work fine.
If you need exact config let me know and I will write those few lines :)

Have nice weekend,
Primoz Jeroncic
Support - IP Connectivity & Routing
Softnet d.o.o.  tel:  +386 1 562 31 40   |
Borovec 2       fax:  +386 1 562 18 55   |       1 + 1 = 3
1236 Trzin      primoz(at)softnet.si     | for larger values of 1
Slovenija       http://flea.softnet.si/