[c-nsp] Problem with DHCP on 2821 router

Bartosz Piec bpiec at student.uci.agh.edu.pl
Tue Oct 11 03:59:32 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'd like to set up a DHCP server on my Cisco 2821 router. It should give
static IP addresses based on MAC address. I know that this can be
accomplished by hardware-address, but I've read that Microsoft systems
want client-identifier with medium type concatenated. The problem is
that when I configure a client-identifier, it overwrites the
hardware-address and then Linux systems don't get IP addresses. If I
don't have client-identifier, Windows systems can't get it. How to do this?

--
Regards,
Bartosz Piec