[c-nsp] PoS + Giga interfaces on 7600

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Oct 17 09:29:58 EDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Kim Onnel wrote:

> So, i understand that i will not be able to do any Traffic Shaping on both
> WS-X6724-SFP and Sup720 Giga interfaces, what exactly do you mean by the
> deep packet buffers and what do you refer to by "and stuff"?

The LAN interfaces have a few ms worth of buffering whereas a WAN card
usually has 250 ms worth of buffers, or more.

"and stuff" is advanced QoS and more. The LAN interfaces will generally do
policing and Qos marking and not much more.

> Please point me if there is any document that outlines the differences ?

Wish I could. Cisco aren't generally prone to announcing "this card will
not do these things:" and supply a list.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se