[c-nsp] Priority Queueing

Steve Van Eck svaneck at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:59:29 EDT 2005

I am trying to implement Priority Queuing on my network. The config is as
follows:

priority-list 1 protocol ip high list 110
priority-list 1 protocol ip medium list 111
priority-list 1 protocol ip normal list 112
priority-list 1 default lo

access-list 110 remark QOS hi (voip)
access-list 110 permit ip host yyy.yyy.yyy.1 any dscp ef       !voip server
1
access-list 110 permit ip host yyy.yyy.yyy.2 any dscp ef       !voip server
2
access-list 111 remark QOS medium (web)
access-list 111 permit ip host zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
precedence flash-override
[...]
access-list 112 remark QOS normal (web)
access-list 112 permit ip ttt.ttt.ttt.ttt any precedence flash

int s0/1
priority group 1

zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz is the ip of my serial interface.
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx are ipsec connection with sites.
yyy.yyy.yyy.1 are voip servers
ttt.ttt.ttt.ttt  is the range my webservers are on.

My traffic in order of precedence should be:
1.	VOIP
2.	IPSEC with outlying sites
3.	Webservers
4.	All other traffic low ( mail, outgoing web browsing)

I must have something fundamentally wrong with this config, when applied the
quality of the VOIP goes down dramatically and my “Total Output Drops” rises
substantially.  Can someone please point out the error of my ways? And is
there a way to log what the output drops are?

Thanks for your time,

Steve Van Eck