[c-nsp] router / switch recommendation

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Wed Oct 19 03:22:01 EDT 2005

On (2005-10-18 16:46 -0400), Adam Greene wrote:

> I see the 4948 switches IPv6 in software only. Hmmm. Not sure how likely
> that will be an issue for us. Besides that, I suppose the 4948 represents a
> step forward in all respects from the 3750 ... only problem: it just may be
> out of our budget. But at about $10k, it's certainly the most affordable way
> for us to get into the 4500 arena.

 I don't quite agree, stackwise in 3750 can be invaluable tool, especially
with interchassis 802.3ad, which makes is very trivial to create extremely
redundant setups for eg. ESX servers (first hop switch blown to sky, no
problem).
 If or not IPv6 is an issue, is indeed very dependant on what you're
going to do, and how long.

--
  ++ytti