[c-nsp] experiences with GLBP

David Barak thegameiam at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 06:48:32 EDT 2005

--- jean <jean at abachamber.co.uk> wrote:

> I would like to know about any experiences anyone
> might have had with
> GLBP, good or bad.

I wrote a position paper on why a client shouldn't use
GLBP right when it came out.   (basically on the
"nothing works the first time" approach, and MHSRP was
well known)

About 3 months later, when I had a real chance to run
it through its paces, I was pleasantly surprised, and
now I'd write the paper the other way.  It's a great
thing, although don't expect a true 50/50 split (cause
nothing useful will actually do THAT).

-David

PS - the client had waited several months before
actually doing anything with it, and did decide to use
GLBP, and is thrilled with it.  I've had several other
clients who are happy with it since.

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com