[c-nsp] tag-switching advertise-tags for?

Aamer Akhter (aakhter) aakhter at cisco.com
Mon Oct 24 14:02:21 EDT 2005

Couple of additional points:

*) one may use the same session but use the bgp next-hop feature (under vrf) or a route-map to modify the bgp next hop based on addresss family (already mentioned)

*) yes, IOS supports LDP in a vrf (one of the CSC cases)

*) on when traffic gets mpls encapped:

 *.*) 'mpls ip' will enable mpls processing for that interface, it will also enable ldp/tdp. But this is no guarentee that an ip packet coming into the LER will get mpls encapped. There are a variety of reasons for the ip packet to get a mpls label:

  1) LDP/TDP has advertised a FEC, the FEC is in the routing table, and the LSR advertising that FEC is reachable via an MPLS enabled interface
  2) eBGP (rfc3107) with constrains from 1
  3) TE tunnel

The best way to check what what will happen to an ip packet is to check the cef entry for that prefix.

hth

Aamer Akhter / aa at cisco.com
NSITE - cisco Systems