[c-nsp] BGP routes co-existing with different local-preference

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Tue Oct 25 20:31:50 EDT 2005

On 26/10/2005, at 10:06 AM, Pete Templin wrote:

> I didn't realize eBGP couldn't be done between loopbacks.
>
> router bgp ASN
>  neig x.x.x.x disable-connected-check
> !

Pete, of course it _can_ be done.  I think we all know enough about BGP
here to agree on that.  However I'm yet to see a single transit
provider who provisions eBGP between loopbacks.  I doubt they'd be
happy setting it up as multi-hop either.  Also, you will not be running
OSPF with their router so you wouldn't see their loopback fall out of
your IGP anyway.

David