[c-nsp] BGP routes co-existing with different local-preference

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Thu Oct 27 10:15:48 EDT 2005

At 05:31 PM 10/26/2005, Niels Bakker wrote:
>* bambi at Hughes.com.au (David J. Hughes) [Wed 26 Oct 2005, 02:36 CEST]:
> >Pete, of course it _can_ be done.  I think we all know enough about BGP
> >here to agree on that.  However I'm yet to see a single transit
> >provider who provisions eBGP between loopbacks.  I doubt they'd be
> >happy setting it up as multi-hop either.  Also, you will not be running
> >OSPF with their router so you wouldn't see their loopback fall out of
> >your IGP anyway.
>
>Oh, I've done that.  It's nicer to have just one BGP session when you
>have two E1's to one provider (for capacity, not necessarily
>redundancy), rather than two eBGP sessions, one on each interface.

I've seen Sprint do that across multiple T1's as well. One BGP
session for 6 T1 connections.

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of
fear" -- Mark Twain