[c-nsp] AP 1100 with freeradius VLAN problem

Teófilo Ruiz Suárez teo at yaco.es
Thu Sep 1 09:27:55 EDT 2005

Hi there.

I have an installation which consists in a Cisco Access Point 1100 and a
freeradius server connected to a LDAP server.

I want to setup several VLANs and assing them to the users depending on
what group they belong to. All the freeradius and LDAP stuff is working,
users get authenticated using their user/password stored in LDAP and
everything runs smoothly. However, I can't get the AP to assing the
VLANs dinamically.

I pass this Radius attributes (from the freeradius log):

"""
        Tunnel-Medium-Type:1 = 802
        Tunnel-Type:1 = VLAN
        Tunnel-Private-Group-Id:1 = "11"
"""

Do I have to pass any other attribute? Are there any format errors in
the attributes I pass?. I would say they are Ok, but can't tell.

On the other hand, I could have a problem on the AP1100 configuration. I
simply added the VLANs (names and ID, no Native Mode).

Do I need to tweak any other setting? Is there any kind of filter or
something to activate?.

Thank you very much in advance,
--
Teófilo Ruiz Suárez <teo at yaco.es>