FW: [c-nsp] 3750 ip direct brioadcast

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Wed Sep 14 12:56:23 EDT 2005

 sorry didn't hit reply to all

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Turnbow
Sent: mercoledì 14 settembre 2005 18.56
To: 'Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer)'
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] 3750 ip direct brioadcast

Replying from the address it came in on is ok, but why is it responding to a broadcast address with direct broadcast disabled accross the box?
Doesn't direct broadcast disabled cause packets to a known Ip broadcast address to be dropped altogether when recieved from an interface not connected to that subnet? Or is it just not forwarded out of the port?

Brian