[c-nsp] 'privilege level' syntax

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Fri Sep 23 17:04:13 EDT 2005

I have been trying to restrict a router running 12.0(26)S5 to just ping,
traceroute, and show ip route. The following config works for the most part,
but it allows users (priv level 1) to view the flash filesystems. I have
tried setting the privilege level for "show flash" and "show bootflash:" to
15, but it doesn't help. Any ideas?

router> show ?
   route       IP routing table
   bootflash:  display information about bootflash: file system
   slot0:      display information about slot0: file system
   slot1:      display information about slot1: file system

Privilege config:

privilege exec level 1 traceroute
privilege exec level 15 ping ip
privilege exec level 1 ping
privilege exec level 1 <other exec commands>
privilege exec level 5 enable
privilege exec level 15 show mls
privilege exec level 15 show dss
privilege exec level 15 show tcp
privilege exec level 15 show <other show commands>
privilege exec level 1 show
privilege exec level 1 show ip
privilege exec level 1 show ip route

I have tried the privilege exec all command for show, but you can't
override it for one sub-command with something like:

privilege exec all level 15 show

Clinton Work	clinton at scripty.com
Calgary, AB