[c-nsp] Re: Traffic Shaping packet loss

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Mon Sep 26 11:07:26 EDT 2005

Dan,
    Now i can see how it works. The ping test was done from the 7206 (GigE
connected to the 2950). I realise that when a ping test is done from a PC,
there are no drop in packets. Will the traffic to the customer still be
effected?

For your info our customers given access are all below 2Mbps (64Kb, 512Kb
etc). Shaping on customers side is not an option because their side equipments
sometimes even consist of normal entry switch with no shaping capabilities.
Any other options available in fulfilling our objectives? Would policing on
the router sub-interface have the same effect?

Thanks.

Email   : kanagaraj at aims.com.my