[c-nsp] Catalyst 4500 - Sup V - 12.2(18)EW SNMP traps

lists at hojmark.org lists at hojmark.org
Tue Sep 27 18:04:31 EDT 2005

> The rf, entity, and fru-ctrl traps can be configured under
> 12.2(18)EW as well. I was hoping to find out if the traps
> would actually be sent. IOS might allow you to configure the
> SNMP traps, but that doesn't always mean the platform supports
> it.

No, I'm aware of this. (If something isn't explicitly supported,
it often turns out not to be supported, not working, or both).

However, in this case the documentation refers one to the more
general IOS documentation[1], so if you can find the command in
the general IOS documentation, and actually type it in, I'd say
it's fair game.

-A
[1] "Refer to Cisco IOS documentation for additional snmp-server
    enable traps commands", http://tinyurl.com/c5zqp