[c-nsp] 6500 IOS

Tom Sands tsands at rackspace.com
Tue Apr 4 14:46:02 EDT 2006

We've been using 12.2(18) SXD5, and has it's share of bugs.. However,
there hasn't been any fixes until December when SXD7 came out.  We are
in the process up upgrading to it, however we've seen serious bugs in
everything we have tried for about 1.5yrs now, we changed code 4-5 times
and I can only hope that SXD7 is a little more stable.

Jerome Covini wrote:

> hi,
>
> Using 12.2.18 SXD 7 down here, OSPF, BGP; TenGig; 802.1q and soon GLBP.
> Also used igmp snooping for a time.
> Running fine.
>
> jc
>

> Mark Tohill wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>Could anyone recommend an IOS image for 6509-E/Sup720 in SP environment.
>>Initially, no service modules, only Gig blades.
>>
>>VLAN's, 802.1q Trunking, Private VLAN's(???), VACL's(???), HSRP,
>>OSPF/EIGRP, shouldn't be any need for BGP.
>>
>>Any help appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Mark

Tom Sands