[c-nsp] Extreme routing

Mikisa Richard rmikisa at bushnet.net
Wed Apr 5 00:40:45 EDT 2006

First I am sorry I am using this forum to ask this question but from the
Cisco Vs Extreme thread, I do realize that there's a couple of extreme
gurus on this list and I desperately need help.  I have no experience
with Extreme at all and  need to get it to route. Please get back to me
off- list

I have a black diamond 6808

Scenario..

217.212.230.1/30 ----> Uplink

217.212.230.2/30 ---> vlan1 (UPLINK) on BD
217.212.242.1/26 ---> vlan2 on (bigdish) BD

I have managed to configure the vlans and have the switch working
perfectly and from it, I can surf without a problem. I however need the
rest of my network to have 217.212.242.1 as the default gateway and thus
be able to surf (trivial on a cisco) but I have failed to get it done.
Below is the BD's routing table

* BUSH_CORE_6808:179 # show ipro

Ori Destination        Gateway         Mtr Flags       VLAN        Duration
*d  217.212.230.0/30   217.212.230.2   1   U------u--- UPLINK
0d:0h:47m:00s
*d  217.212.242.0/26   217.212.242.1   1   U------u--- bigdish
0d:0h:33m:38s
  d  192.168.199.0/24   192.168.199.1   1   ----------- --------
9d:5h:31m:01s
*d  127.0.0.1/8        127.0.0.1       0   U-H----um-- Default
9d:5h:31m:01s
*s  Default Route      217.212.230.1   1   UG---S-um-- UPLINK
0d:0h:28m:14s

Can anyone tell why the other machines can't go beyond 217.212.230.1

Richard

--
Richard