[c-nsp] as5300 + MICA

Rodrigo Curado rodas at rocketmail.com
Sat Apr 8 06:37:54 EDT 2006

Hello Daniel,

We're still using AS5300 with MICA modems. We're using this versions:
IOS - c5300-is-mz.123-15b.bin
Modem Firmware - mica-modem-pw.2.9.5.0.bin

We've this running for a long time (about 1,5 years) with IOS 12.3
without any report of missed behaviour. No customers complains,

Here's an example of the show modem summary output with a 17 week
uptime:
Avg Hold     Incoming calls       Outgoing calls     Busied   Failed No   Succ
  Time     Succ   Fail  Avail   Succ   Fail  Avail   Out      Dial Ans  Pct.
00:16:30 287295  21705    223      0      0      0     276        0 5   93%

Have you checked for modem recovery issues? Do you use RADIUS? If so
what's reported as the disconnect reason?

I've here one conf line that I really don't know if it's really needed
(it was already in the config template when I pick this up) so check if
this make any change in your setup:

modemcap entry
cisco:MSC=&F&D2S54=16584S0=0S29=12S21=15S62=8S63=3S34=18000S40=10S10=50

then we have to add this on your "line 1 216":

modem autoconfigure type cisco

Hope this helps,

Regards.

Rodrigo Curado