[c-nsp] Resell Bell South DSL

Robert E.Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Apr 17 14:02:32 EDT 2006

Sean Watkins <sean at northrock.bm> writes:

> You may want to both look into l2tpns;
>
> It's a L2tp LNS, with Clustering, access-lists, shaping etc which runs on
> top of Linux.

Mostly.  No support for attribute 242 (ascend-data-filter), just
attribute 11 (filter-id).  I looked into what it would take to add
this feature and the code is sane inside...  but l2tpns has a
clustering feature wherein state is replicated from one box to another
in a cluster so that if one of them dies its partner has the state to
be able to pick up all the sessions.  I never got as far as figuring
out the right way to implement the failover, whether expanding the big
struct was a good plan or whether something else was the right idea.
Anothher joy is that I wasn't able to find documentation for the
encoding of Attribute 242 other than header files for people's radius
implementations.  Anyway, my boss and I came to the conclusion that we
were better off just buying NPE-G1s.

I'd still like to go that route someday though.  :)

                                        ---Rob