[c-nsp] Enterprise IOS 12.2 default MPLS label protocol

Eric Kagan ekagan at axsne.com
Fri Apr 21 12:49:20 EDT 2006

> why 12.2S? a recommendation depends on many factors, so can't
> help you. But in general there is nothing wrong speaking TDP
> to some and LDP to other neighbors. There are certain things
> which won't work with TDP (targeted sessions, AToM), but if
> you don't need this on these boxes, go ahead..

12.2.25S was the original recommendation from the local Cisco SE when we
built out the MPLS core. We like to keep things *real* simple, so all the
existing interfaces are LDP and would like to keep it that way and not make
any changes.  The equipment is all Cisco 7206VXR, NPE 300 & 400's.  The Agg
routers currently run Enterprise and are very stable so I was trying not to
change it. (Some of the Aggs have 12.2S but I think its overkill.)  Circuits
are a mix of clear T's, frame, frasi, ATM ds3, IMA, FE, etc.

Is this enough info to base an opinion now for an IOS on the PE's ?

Thanks
Eric