[c-nsp] Catalyst 3560 Limitations?

Preston.Newton at consolidated.com Preston.Newton at consolidated.com
Fri Apr 21 15:22:23 EDT 2006

Well this is what I found quickly....probably the same info you had..

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps5528/products_data_sheet09186a00801f3d7d.html

• Up to 1024 VLANs per switch or stack and up to 128 spanning-tree
instances per switch are supported.

• Four thousand VLAN IDs are supported.

Preston

"Michael K. Smith" <mksmith at adhost.com>
Sent by: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
04/21/2006 01:42 PM

"cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net" <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
cc

Subject
[c-nsp] Catalyst 3560 Limitations?

Hello All:

I am wondering if anyone knows the limitations of the 3560 regarding
VLAN¹s?
The 3550 would only terminate 128 VLAN¹s locally, although all the
marketing
lit said ³support for 4k VLAN¹s².  I¹m trying to find a document about the
3560 that actually shows all the various limitations, whether hardware or
software based.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike