[c-nsp] QoS egress queuing

szilard csordas redmond at freemail.hu
Thu Apr 27 07:58:14 EDT 2006

hello,

Maybe it is obvious for most of you, but not for me.
Somewhere i have read that egress queuing QOS occures just in case if
there is a congestion on the link (If the txload counter is near or is
255).

That would be strange because according to our configuration the first
egress queue, threshold one  (where the packets with COS 0 are
directed) has about 5mbit bandwidth and with:

show queueing interface gigabitEthernet x/y  command:

Packets dropped on Transmit:

    queue     dropped  [cos-map]
--------------------------------
    1           123244  [0 ]
    2            38763  [1 ]

you can see that lot of packets are dropped and the administrator of
server is complaining about slow response (some kind of
syncronization. i dont know exactly what is this application.)

The traffic flowing through the interface (100mb) is just about
10mbit/s. device: sup720, Transmit queues [type = 1p3q8t].

So, Is egress queuing active immediately when I turn it on or will it
be active if the link is congested?

thanx in advance,
szilard