[c-nsp] Loosing Cisco Faith

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Thu Apr 27 12:25:46 EDT 2006

>>> "Joost greene" <joost.greene at gmail.com> 4/27/06 9:07:15 AM >>>
>Hello,
>
>Apology if this is off-topic, but i want to discuss it with you guys,
>
>For the last month, i havent been able to read or do anything in my
work,
>which is mostly cisco stuff, i just feel not interested, maybe
something
>happened that caused that, but i never lost the motivation like this,
what
>do you guys do when this happenes, i cant loose motivation because its
not
>childs play, its my work, career and future, but just looking at
books,
>technical-docs, configuration is making me sick, has anyone had the
same,
>how did it go away ?
>
>Please reply privately if there is anything to be said.

Sure, it's off-topic, but I think everyone goes through ups and downs
with regard to their career. It has happened to me a couple of different
times. Give yourself permission to be interested in other things. Read a
bunch of non-technical books. Take a vacation. Use your free time at
home to do other things. After a while, your interest in work will
probably naturally come back around. Perhaps a project will come along
that will force you to learn a new technology. I find that that usually
helps get me back into "the zone."

Regards,
John