[c-nsp] CISCO IRB

Shakeel Ahmad shakeelahmad at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 02:32:17 EDT 2006

HI,

Just wanted to have comments from some of you !

we have different locations within city interconnected via Radio/Cross
Connects. One central building is currently residing a 6500 acting as a VTP
domain master for the facility. We had to more some department from one
building to another which are connected by routers.

To carry all the vlans (6500) across to other facility, we are concidering
Cisco IRB feature. Total vlans to populate is around 35. On testbed we have
successfully configured this setup but i was curious if someone has faced
any particular issues in production or limitations ?

thanks in advance,
Shakeel Ahmad