[c-nsp] 6500 sup32 v sup720

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Mon Aug 7 11:21:31 EDT 2006

Alex Foster wrote:
> Im in the decision making phase of upgrading our existing BGP routers
> (3550s) to something more suitable to receive the full routing table
> etc;  Ive been looking at the 6500 - and have received some pricing for
> the sup32 and sup720 variants.  Problem is the pricing is almost
> identical - and I cant work out where the gotchas are...ie:  the sup720
> is capable of 32/256/720Gbps whereas the sup32 is only 32Gbps capable -
> where are the hidden costs here ?? What additional modules/hardware do I
> require when going from 32Gbps to say 256Gbps on the sup720 and what is
> the upgrade path.

WS-SUP32-GE-3B, $15,000 *list*
WS-SUP720-3BXL, $40,000 *list*

Not sure where you're buying your Sup's from, but if you get the nearly
the same pricing for both either you're paying to much for your Sup32 or
I need to start buying 720's from where you're buying them from.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Stock item: We shipped it once before, and we can do it again, probably.